If you are considering undergoing rhinoplasty or a ‘nose job’, it is important to fully understand what the procedure is and what it involves.
How Much Do You Know About Rhinoplasty?
- All Rhinoplasty Procedures Are Different – There are a lot of different things that a rhinoplasty procedure can change, which is why no two are alike. Every nose is different and therefore every rhinoplasty is different. A rhinoplasty can assist with large noses, bumps on the bridge of the nose, crooked noses and damage caused by an injury.
- It’s One of the Most Common Cosmetic Surgery Procedures – There is no denying that the range of cosmetic surgery procedures is extensive, ranging from breast augmentations to ear correction surgery. However, rhinoplasty continues to be one of the most common.
- It Only Requires Small Incisions – One of the great things about rhinoplasty procedure is that it only requires small incisions to be made. There is no need to worry about obvious scarring around the nose, as the entire procedure is done using small incisions at the base. These incisions are made to allow access to the cartilage, which is then reshaped.
- There Are Very Few Risks – Of course, every surgery comes with a handful of potential risks but there are very few associated with rhinoplasty. As long as you enlist the help of an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and fully understand the procedure, rhinoplasty is something you can undergo without worrying too much about potential risks.
- You Can Return to Work Relatively Quickly – A lot of people make the mistake of assuming that a rhinoplasty will require them to take a lot of time off work, but that is rarely the case. Many people are able to return to work within a week of their rhinoplasty surgery. You may be required to wear a splint to hold the nose in place during the healing process and you are advised to avoid too much activity, but returning to work quickly is something that most people are able to do.
If you are considering undergoing a rhinoplasty procedure or would just like to know more information, get in touch with Dr Frati Cosmetic Surgery today.