Closed Rhinoplasty London by Dr. Frati
Interested to learn about Closed Rhinoplasty in London? World renowned specialist face Surgeon Dr. Frati and his team of experts can explain for you…
To see Dr. Frati’s work, visit our Nose Job before and after page.
What is Closed Rhinoplasty?
Closed rhinoplasty is a popular technique used by plastic surgeons to reshape the nose. It involves making incisions from inside the nostrils, rather than from the outside of the nose, which is known as open rhinoplasty. This technique can be used for a variety of cosmetic and functional procedures on the nose including correcting deformities, reducing bumps or humps on the bridge of the nose, changing tip shape, narrowing nostril size, and improving nasal breathing issues.
Ina London closed rhinoplasty surgery, all of the incisions are made inside of the nostrils so that no external marks are visible after your surgery is complete. The internal tissues and cartilage can then be gently reshaped and adjusted with specialised surgical instruments such as scissors or rasps to create an aesthetically pleasing and balanced shape for your nose. Closed Rhinoplasty London also limits swelling in comparison to its open counterpart because less tissue needs to be disturbed during this procedure. As a result, recovery time is typically shorter than open rhinoplasty London techniques.
Interested to know more about what Dr. Frati can do for you?
Closed Rhinoplasty London with Dr Frati
Dr Frati is an experienced facial plastic surgeon who specialises in closed Rhinoplasty London techniques for clients looking for natural looking results with minimal downtime after their procedure has been completed. He has built an admirable reputation among both celebrities and non-celebrities alike due to his patient-centred approach and meticulous attention to detail when performing any procedure he undertakes; whether it be a small adjustment or a full reconstructive job – patients always come away feeling confident with their new look!
Dr Frati understands each patient’s unique needs and desires before beginning any procedure – he discusses everything thoroughly with them before getting started, ensuring they know what they want out of their treatment plan and what expectations they need to have regarding healing time afterwards. His goal is always to give his patients a look they love without compromising safety or quality; something he succeeds at every single time!
Dr Frati uses advanced instruments and tools along with cutting edge technology in order to create beautiful aesthetic outcomes. He works hard behind the scenes perfecting every step along the way until each patient leaves with a smile on their face! If you’re interested in finding out more about how Doctor Frati could help transform your life through closed rhinoplasty procedures, don’t hesitate – contact his team today for more information or book a consultation now!
Get In Touch For Our Closed Rhinoplasty London Service
If you wish to learn more about what is rhinoplasty, our Closed Rhinoplasty London Service, and how we can help with your financial and aesthetic Rhinoplasty needs, please get in touch with us today by submitting an online form or by contacting our office directly during business hours.
We look forward to helping you reach your desired aesthetic goals!
Closed Rhinoplasty vs Open Rhinoplasty
Open rhinoplasty involves making one small external incision across the columella (the strip of tissue that separates your nostrils) in order to gain access to your underlying nasal structures. This approach allows more direct control over tissue manipulation but it may leave you with scarring along this external incision line after healing has completed. Additionally, open rhinoplasty has more downtime associated with it due to increased levels of swelling compared to closed techniques.
In summary, closed Rhinoplasty London offers improved patient satisfaction rates due to its minimal scarring potential while still providing reliable results when performed by an experienced plastic surgeon like Dr. Frati at his specialist UK based practice. In most cases, closed Rhinoplasty London will provide dramatic improvements without any visible signs that surgery has taken place. Open rhinoplasty may result in longer recoveries due to higher levels of swelling but it does offer more direct control over manipulating soft tissue for those cases where more complex reshaping needs occur. The best approach for you will depend upon your individual goals and anatomy so it’s important to discuss both options with Dr Frati before proceeding with any form of nasal surgery.
Dr Frati is such an amazing surgeon and his team are wonderful. Everything about my journey with Dr Frati from start to finish.
Dr Frati is amazing, professional, personable and puts you at ease through the whole process. His work is impeccable and I’m so pleased with the results!
A+++ service very good doctor! Fully recommend, from ringing up to aftercare amazing service. If you are not sure just book it you won’t regret it!
From the very start from my consultation, to the procedure to now 6 weeks post op my experience with Dr Frati has been fantastic.
I was suffering with my nose for over 3 year then found dr Frati. He is absolutely amazing. I’m only 4 weeks post op but I am so happy with everything! The aftercare provided is excellent.
I had a breast enlargement with Dr Frati in 2018 after a lot of research and following him for a while. It was honestly the best decision I’ve ever made. I would recommend him to all my friends as I have so much trust in him and his work!
Closed Rhinoplasty Step by Step Guide
For a basic guide to Closed rhinoplasty step by step, then follow this guide below. This is a general description and each procedure individual to your needs.
Anaesthesia: Closed Rhinoplasty is mostly conducted under general anaesthesia.
Incision: The surgeon makes incisions either within the nostrils or along the columella to access underlying cartilage.
Reshaping the Bones: Depending on the desired outcome, the surgeon employs various techniques to modify the bone structure of the nose. This could involve repositioning or resetting the nose by breaking it, or the use of small grafts to add or remove bone.
Reshaping the Cartilage: The cartilage, which offers structural support to the nose, may also be reshaped. This can involve removing cartilage, or again, introducing grafts to specific areas.
Closure of Incisions: Incisions are closed using sutures or surgical tape.
Placement of Splint: A splint can be fixed to the exterior of the nose for preservation of the new shape and to safeguard it during healing.
Recovery: After the Closed rhinoplasty procedure, patients will require a recovery period for several weeks. Swelling and bruising will regress, and the results will become apparent after a few months.
Dr Frati Cosmetic Surgery was established by internationally renowned surgeon to the stars Dr Riccardo Frati. Dr. Frati has featured on ITV’s This Morning, GMTV, featured in The Times, The Daily Mail, The Independent, The Daily Star, The Sun, FHM and 10 Years Younger; with countless mentions in celebrity magazines, online magazines and makeover reveals.
What are reasons to Get Closed Rhinoplasty London?
Closed Rhinoplasty London is a surgical technique where all incisions are made inside the nose, resulting in no visible external scarring. This approach is chosen for various reasons, including:
- Minor Aesthetic Adjustments: Closed Rhinoplasty London is ideal for individuals seeking minor aesthetic changes to the nose, such as subtle refinement of the nasal tip or a small hump reduction.
- Shorter Recovery: Recovery from closed rhinoplasty London is often shorter compared to open rhinoplasty because there are no external incisions. This can be appealing to those with limited downtime.
- Preservation of Nasal Structure: Closed Rhinoplasty London allows for limited disruption of the nasal structure, making it a suitable choice for those who wish to maintain the overall structure and integrity of the nose.
- Faster Healing: The absence of external incisions can lead to less post-operative swelling and bruising, which may contribute to a quicker healing process.
- Privacy: The lack of visible external scars makes closed Rhinoplasty London a more discreet choice for those who prefer to keep their surgery confidential.
- Desire for Minimal Alterations: Patients who wish to maintain the natural appearance of their nose while making subtle changes often opt for closed rhinoplasty.
- Experience and Skill of Surgeon: A skilled and experienced rhinoplasty surgeon in London may choose the closed approach when it is suitable for the patient’s goals and desired outcomes.
- Lower Risk of External Scarring: Closed Rhinoplasty London eliminates the risk of external scarring, which can be a concern for some patients.
- Tip Refinement: Closed Rhinoplasty London is often used to refine the nasal tip, reduce bulbosity, or correct slight asymmetry.
- Minimal Structural Changes: When major structural changes or complex corrections are not required, closed rhinoplasty can be a less invasive option.
It’s important to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon or otolaryngologist (ENT specialist) in London to determine the most suitable approach for your specific needs and goals. The choice between closed and open rhinoplasty depends on the complexity of your case and the outcomes you desire. Your surgeon will provide recommendations based on a thorough evaluation of your nasal anatomy and your individual concerns.
Is Closed Rhinoplasty London for me?
Whether closed rhinoplasty in London is the right choice for you depends on your specific goals, nasal anatomy, and the outcomes you desire. Here are some factors to consider when deciding if closed rhinoplasty is suitable for your needs:
Desired Outcomes: Closed rhinoplasty London is best suited for individuals seeking minor to moderate changes in the appearance of their nose, such as tip refinement, hump reduction, or addressing mild asymmetry. If you have more extensive or complex concerns, open rhinoplasty may be a better fit.
Nasal Structure: The closed technique involves limited access to the nasal structures. If your nasal anatomy allows for the necessary adjustments to be made through internal incisions, closed rhinoplasty may be a viable option.
Shorter Recovery: Closed Rhinoplasty London often involves a shorter recovery period and less post-operative swelling and bruising. If you prefer a quicker healing process and less downtime, closed rhinoplasty may be appealing.
Minimal Scarring: The closed rhinoplasty approach eliminates the risk of external scarring, which can be a significant consideration for those who prefer discreet surgery.
Privacy: Closed Rhinoplasty London offers a more discreet option because there are no external incisions or visible scars. If privacy is a concern, closed rhinoplasty may be preferred.
Subtle Changes: Closed Rhinoplasty London is a suitable choice for those who wish to make subtle, natural-looking changes to their nose while preserving its overall structure.
Consultation with a Surgeon: It’s essential to consult with a qualified plastic surgeon such as Dr. Frati in London who can evaluate your nasal anatomy, discuss your goals, and recommend the most appropriate approach based on your individual case.
Surgeon’s Recommendation: Your surgeon’s expertise and recommendation play a critical role in determining the best approach for your rhinoplasty. They will provide guidance based on your specific needs and the complexity of your case.
During the consultation, be sure to communicate your goals, concerns, and expectations with your surgeon. They will perform a thorough assessment and discuss the advantages and limitations of both open and closed rhinoplasty, helping you make an informed decision about which approach aligns best with your objectives.
Book your FREE Consultation today!
Why choose a Specialist Surgeon for my closed Rhinoplasty in London?
Choosing a specialist surgeon for your closed rhinoplasty in London offers several distinct advantages:
- Expertise in Rhinoplasty: Specialist surgeons who focus on rhinoplasty have dedicated their practice to mastering this complex procedure. They possess extensive experience and expertise specific to nasal surgery.
- In-Depth Knowledge: Rhinoplasty specialists have an in-depth understanding of nasal anatomy, function, and aesthetics. This knowledge allows them to make precise and effective adjustments while preserving the natural structure and function of the nose.
- Customised Care: Specialists in closed Rhinoplasty London can provide highly individualised recommendations and surgical plans based on your unique nasal structure and your desired outcomes.
- Aesthetic Artistry: Closed Rhinoplasty London specialists have a keen eye for aesthetics and understand the importance of achieving results that look natural and harmonious with your facial features.
- Reduced Risk of Complications: Due to their extensive experience, specialists can minimise the risk of complications and are well-prepared to address any issues that may arise during or after surgery.
- Access to Advanced Techniques: Closed Rhinoplasty London specialists often have access to the latest surgical techniques and technologies, ensuring you benefit from the most up-to-date methods for achieving your goals.
- Consistent and Satisfactory Results: Closed Rhinoplasty specialists may have a portfolio of consistently successful results. You can review before-and-after photos and patient testimonials to gauge the surgeon’s skill and artistry.
- Patient-Centered Approach: Specialists prioritise open communication, active listening, and a patient-centered approach. They take the time to understand your goals, address your concerns, and collaborate with you to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Understanding of Function and Aesthetics: A closed rhinoplasty specialist recognises the importance of both form and function. They aim to improve the appearance of the nose while preserving or enhancing nasal function, ensuring that you breathe comfortably after surgery.
When considering closed rhinoplasty in London, choosing a specialist surgeon ensures that you receive the highest level of care and expertise in a field that demands precision and artistry, the best example is Dr. Frati. It significantly enhances the likelihood of a successful and satisfying closed rhinoplasty experience with natural-looking results.
Your Closed Rhinoplasty London Consultation
Dr. Frati invests time in comprehensively understanding your goals for the surgery. You and Dr. Frati will work together to define the perfect nasal aesthetics that harmonise with your overall facial balance. Advanced 3D imaging may be used to enhance this process. Furthermore, Dr. Frati will perform a thorough assessment of your medical history, any past surgeries, your general health, allergies, and your current medication regimen, if applicable.
Rhinoplasty related questions which Dr Frati may ask you
Do you have any medical conditions like diabetes or hypertension?
Are you in good overall health without chronic medical conditions?
Are you currently taking any medications, and do you have any known allergies?
Have you undergone any prior surgeries, and were there any complications?
What are your desired outcomes for the rhinoplasty procedure?
Do you engage in smoking or alcohol consumption, and if so, to what extent?
Dr. Frati dedicates time to thoroughly grasp your surgical objectives. Collaboratively, you and Dr. Frati will establish the ideal nasal aesthetics that align with your overall facial harmony. Utilising advanced 3D imaging can further enhance this process. In addition, Dr. Frati will conduct a comprehensive evaluation of your medical history, any prior surgeries, your general well-being, allergies, and your current medication regimen, if relevant.
Rhinoplasty related you may want to ask Dr. Frati
How can I determine if a rhinoplasty is a suitable option for me?
Which technique is preferable: the open or closed approach?
If I’m not a candidate for a surgical procedure, should I consider a non-surgical rhinoplasty?
Is there a significant amount of post-procedure pain to anticipate?
What level of scarring is typical after the procedure?
Could you describe the recovery process and offer guidance for achieving optimal results during the healing period?
Am I maintaining realistic expectations regarding the desired outcomes?
Given my specific concerns, how many similar procedures have you performed in the past?
May I review before-and-after rhinoplasty images that are similar to my case?
What should I do if the results fall short of my expectations?
In approximately 25% of consultations, Dr. Frati may recommend against pursuing an open rhinoplasty procedure. This underscores the commitment to upholding ethical principles and professionalism that is integral to all surgeons at Dr. Frati Cosmetic Surgery. Our primary dedication is to healthcare, and our clinical judgments are driven solely by medical considerations, devoid of any commercial interests.
The fundamental purpose of the consultation is to empower every patient with the knowledge and insight needed to make well-informed and thoughtful decisions concerning the possibility of a rhinoplasty procedure. Dr. Frati’s role is to facilitate this decision-making process, transforming the consultation into a collaborative interaction between two experts: yourself and Dr. Frati.
Closed Rhinoplasty London FAQs
Depending on many factors such as open or closed rhinoplasty's and also the bespoke requirements of each patient, you can expect rhinoplasty costs to be between £5,000 and £7,000.
Every surgery is risky, period. There is always a risk of a reaction to anaesthesia for example, or internal bleeding, even infection of the operated area - unfortunately this is the nature of surgery. However, Dr. Frati is one of the best qualified surgeons in the UK and with this comes the mineralisation of risk, something to really take into account when choosing your surgeon.
Whilst we would recommend to take around 2 weeks off work for recovery, it may take up to 6 months for swelling to completely disappear.
Normally, Rhinoplasty surgery takes around 2-3 hours to complete
Rhinoplasty is a widely performed cosmetic surgery procedure for both women and men. Notably, in the UK, it stands as the most frequently sought-after cosmetic surgery among men.
This procedure incorporates recognised surgical techniques suitable for both men and women, although gender differences in nasal structure yield distinct treatment goals. These structural distinctions often lead to different objectives for each gender.
Patients opt for rhinoplasty for various reasons, including addressing functional issues like breathing difficulties, enhancing the nose's aesthetics in harmony with their facial features, boosting self-confidence, and rectifying facial asymmetry. Common nasal irregularities include dorsal humps, bulbous or boxy tips, septal deviations, droopy nasal tips, narrow or wide noses, and noses deviated due to injury. The rhinoplasty surgeon's primary role is to identify the distinguishing features between male and female noses and devise surgical strategies to correct these abnormalities.
In men, rhinoplasty frequently involves achieving a straighter angle, enhancing definition, and reducing bulbous features. This results in a more pronounced appearance that complements the overall facial aesthetics. Many men also seek rhinoplasty to correct nose deviations from past injuries or to smooth out localised irregularities.
Conversely, women often opt for more subtle, less conspicuous changes to maintain facial balance. A commonly requested procedure is to reduce the appearance of a droopy nasal tip, often associated with a dorsal hump. Our surgeons, for both men and women, are skilled in addressing individual nasal concerns that hold personal significance. Typically, men seek a more chiseled or defined nose without excessive narrowing that could create a pinched nasal tip. The art of rhinoplasty surgery lies in tailoring each procedure to the patient's unique anatomy to help them achieve their objectives.
In many instances, there are marked differences in nasal structure between men and women. Women often have shorter noses and thinner skin, while many men possess thicker, more sebaceous skin. This thicker skin can lead to a larger, bulbous nasal tip, a feature more common in men and sometimes associated with a condition called rhinophyma.
The global COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in a surge of video conferencing, making many men more self-conscious about their appearance during these virtual interactions. Rhinoplasty distinguishes itself from other cosmetic surgeries by not only enhancing aesthetics but also improving the nose's functionality to restore overall facial balance. Patients, particularly men, who undergo rhinoplasty often report heightened self-confidence, leading to increased comfort in their appearance during video calls.
Male nose job surgery can be combined with other facial procedures, with the most prevalent combination being chin augmentation using an implant to achieve a more defined and stronger chin profile in addition to rhinoplasty.
As one of the UK's most reputable private rhinoplasty units, Dr. Frati is proficient in a range of rhinoplasty techniques, including open rhinoplasty, closed rhinoplasty, septo-rhinoplasty, rhino tip surgery, ultrasonic rhinoplasty, and revision rhinoplasty.
Preparation for rhinoplasty, involves several crucial measures to facilitate a smooth surgery and a comfortable, speedy recovery. Here are key steps that patients should take in readiness for rhinoplasty:
- Consultation with a Qualified Plastic Surgeon: It's essential to consult with a seasoned plastic surgeon experienced in rhinoplasty, such as Dr. Frati. The surgeon will assess the patient's unique case, discuss their surgery objectives, and provide a comprehensive overview of the procedure, including potential risks and complications.
- Medical Evaluation: Patients must undergo a medical evaluation to ensure they are in good health and eligible for safe surgery. Dr. Frati will review your medical history, conduct a physical examination, and order any necessary lab tests.
- Smoking Cessation and Medication Review: Smoking can impede the healing process, so patients should quit smoking at least six weeks before the surgery. Additionally, certain medications, such as aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), should be avoided, as they can elevate the risk of bleeding.
- Arrange Post-Operative Care: You should make arrangements for post-operative care, including transportation home after the surgery and having someone to stay with them for the initial few days to assist with tasks like bathing and dressing.
- Adherence to Pre-Operative Instructions: Dr. Frati will furnish the patient with detailed pre-operative instructions, covering dietary and beverage guidelines, pre-surgery preparation, and post-surgery wound care. Adhering closely to these instructions is crucial for a smooth recovery.
- Understanding the Recovery Process: The recovery following rhinoplasty can span several weeks. You should familiarise yourself with what to expect during this phase and plan accordingly. Swelling and bruising are normal post-surgery effects, and activities such as sports, heavy lifting, and exercise should be avoided for at least two weeks.
- Realistic Expectations: It is paramount for patients to harbour realistic expectations regarding the surgery's outcomes. It is important to comprehend that the final results will only become visible once the swelling has entirely subsided.
By following these steps, you can effectively prepare for rhinoplasty, ensuring a smooth surgical experience with Dr. Frati and a comfortable, expedited recovery.
The type and location of scars resulting from a nose job (rhinoplasty) are contingent on the specific technique employed by Dr. Frati. In an "open" rhinoplasty, an incision is made across the columella (the skin between the nostrils), enabling the surgeon to lift the skin from the underlying nasal structures. This grants access to the underlying cartilage and bone for necessary adjustments. In a "closed" rhinoplasty, all incisions are internal, minimising visible scarring. Nevertheless, the chosen technique will also consider individual cases, patient requirements, and Dr. Frati's preference.
Following the surgery, incisions are closed with sutures, and the healing process spans several weeks to months. Once healing is complete, most scars are concealed within the natural creases of the nose, making them inconspicuous. Nonetheless, it's important to bear in mind that the final results of the surgery may not be immediately apparent. It may take several months for swelling to subside and for the definitive shape of the nose to emerge.
It's essential to acknowledge that scarring is an inherent component of any surgical procedure. While all possible efforts are made to minimise scarring, there is no absolute guarantee that scars will remain entirely imperceptible. Therefore, it is crucial to discuss potential scarring with Dr. Frati before opting for the surgery.
Other Types of Rhinoplasty
Open rhinoplasty is a surgical technique used for nasal reshaping (rhinoplasty) in which the surgeon makes an incision on the external skin of the nose, usually along the columella, which is the narrow strip of tissue that separates the nostrils. This approach is also known as the "external" or "open structure" rhinoplasty technique. It is distinguished from closed rhinoplasty, where all incisions are made inside the nostrils, resulting in no external scars.
A quick summary of how Open Rhinoplasty Works
Incision: In an open rhinoplasty, the surgeon creates a small incision on the columella, the fleshy strip of skin and tissue that separates the nostrils. This external incision allows the surgeon better visibility and access to the internal structures of the nose.
Visualisation: By lifting the nasal skin and tissue, the surgeon gains a direct and clear view of the nasal cartilage and bone. This enhanced visibility is particularly useful for complex or detailed nasal surgeries.
Surgical Precision: The open rhinoplasty approach offers greater control and precision in reshaping the nasal structures, making it well-suited for cases where extensive changes or reconstructions are required.
Suture Closure: After the necessary alterations have been made to the nasal framework, the surgeon meticulously closes the external incision with fine sutures. Over time, the scar on the columella usually becomes quite inconspicuous and often fades significantly.
Open rhinoplasty is typically chosen in the following situations:
- Complex or revision rhinoplasty: When significant structural changes are needed or when the patient has undergone prior nasal surgery.
- Cases requiring precise control: Surgeons may prefer the open approach for intricate refinements, such as tip work or graft placement.
- Improved visibility: Surgeons may opt for open rhinoplasty to achieve a better view of the nasal anatomy, making it easier to address specific concerns.
It's essential to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon such as Dr. Frati to determine the most appropriate rhinoplasty technique for your unique goals and needs. Dr. Frati can consider your nasal anatomy, aesthetic objectives, and any prior surgeries to recommend the best approach for you.
Closed rhinoplasty, also known as endonasal rhinoplasty or scarless rhinoplasty, is a surgical technique used for nasal reshaping (rhinoplasty) in which all the incisions are made inside the nostrils. Unlike open rhinoplasty, which involves an external incision on the columella (the strip of tissue that separates the nostrils), closed rhinoplasty is performed entirely through the nostrils. This approach is known for leaving no external scars.
Here's an overview of closed rhinoplasty:
Internal Incisions: In closed rhinoplasty, the surgeon makes incisions on the inside of the nose, typically within the nostrils. These incisions provide access to the nasal structures that need to be modified or reshaped.
Limited Visibility: Since the surgeon works through small internal incisions, the visibility of the nasal anatomy is somewhat limited compared to open rhinoplasty. However, skilled surgeons are experienced in working within these constraints.
Tissue Manipulation: The surgeon can access and manipulate the nasal bones, cartilage, and soft tissues to achieve the desired changes to the nose's shape, size, and structure.
Suture Closure: After making the necessary modifications, the surgeon closes the internal incisions with sutures. Since there are no external incisions, there are no visible external scars.
Closed rhinoplasty is commonly chosen in the following situations:
- Minor to moderate nasal reshaping: When the desired changes to the nose are relatively straightforward and don't require extensive exposure or structural alterations.
- Patients concerned about visible scarring: Closed rhinoplasty is often recommended for individuals who want to minimize the risk of external scarring, as there are no visible scars on the outside of the nose.
- Faster recovery: Some patients may experience a quicker recovery with closed rhinoplasty due to the absence of external incisions.
The choice between closed and open rhinoplasty depends on various factors, including the complexity of the procedure, the surgeon's preference and expertise, and the patient's specific goals and anatomy. A consultation with Dr. Frati is essential to determine the most suitable rhinoplasty approach for an individual's needs.
Tip rhinoplasty, also known as nasal tip surgery, is a specific type of rhinoplasty procedure that focuses primarily on altering and refining the shape, size, and appearance of the nasal tip. Unlike a full rhinoplasty, which can involve changes to the entire nose, tip rhinoplasty targets the lower portion of the nose, specifically the nasal tip and the surrounding structures.
Some common goals of tip rhinoplasty include:
Nasal Tip Refinement: Tip rhinoplasty is often performed to refine and reshape a bulbous or wide nasal tip. Surgeons can sculpt the tip to make it more defined and proportionate to the rest of the nose and face.
Nasal Tip Projection: Some individuals have a nasal tip that is too flat or lacks projection. Tip rhinoplasty can be used to increase the projection of the tip, giving it a more prominent appearance.
Tip Rotation: The angle at which the nasal tip points can be adjusted during tip rhinoplasty. Surgeons can rotate the tip upward (upward rotation) or downward (downward rotation) to achieve the desired aesthetic.
Nostril Size and Shape: In some cases, tip rhinoplasty may also involve adjustments to the size and shape of the nostrils, particularly if they are asymmetrical or flared.
Correction of Minor Irregularities: Tip rhinoplasty can address minor irregularities or asymmetries in the nasal tip, such as cartilage asymmetry or unevenness.
It's important to note that tip rhinoplasty is a more focused and less invasive procedure compared to a full rhinoplasty. It is often chosen by individuals who are generally satisfied with the appearance of the upper part of their nose but seek specific improvements in the tip region. As with any cosmetic surgery, it's crucial to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon such as Dr. Frati for your specific needs.
Alarplasty, also known as alar base reduction or nostril reduction surgery, is a cosmetic surgical procedure that focuses on altering the size and shape of the nostrils. This procedure is often performed to address concerns related to the width or flaring of the nostrils, helping to achieve better facial harmony and balance.
Here's an overview of alarplasty:
Nostril Reduction: Alarplasty specifically targets the alar base, which is the area where the nostrils meet the cheeks. It involves the surgical modification of the nostrils to reduce their width or flare.
Incisions: Typically, small incisions are made at the junction between the nostrils and the cheeks, near the outer edges of the nostrils. The precise location and size of these incisions can vary depending on the individual's anatomy and the desired outcome.
Tissue Removal: The surgeon may remove a wedge-shaped piece of tissue from the base of the nostrils to narrow them. This tissue removal is carefully planned to ensure that the nostrils maintain a natural and symmetrical appearance.
Suture Closure: After the necessary tissue adjustments are made, the surgeon closes the incisions with sutures. These sutures are usually absorbable and do not need to be removed.
Alarplasty is typically performed for the following reasons:
- Wide or Flaring Nostrils: Individuals with wide or flaring nostrils may seek alarplasty to achieve a more proportionate and balanced appearance.
- Facial Harmony: Alarplasty can help enhance facial harmony by reducing the prominence of the nostrils, making them more in line with other facial features.
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty: Alarplasty is sometimes part of ethnic rhinoplasty procedures, as people from different ethnic backgrounds may have specific aesthetic concerns related to the shape and width of their nostrils.
Alarplasty is considered a relatively straightforward and minimally invasive procedure when compared to more extensive rhinoplasty surgeries. However, it is still a surgical procedure that should be performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon such as Dr. Frati. Dr. Frati will work closely with the patient to determine the desired outcome and create a treatment plan tailored to their specific goals.
Septoplasty is a surgical procedure performed to correct a deviated septum, a condition in which the nasal septum (the thin wall of cartilage and bone that separates the two nasal passages) is crooked or displaced, causing obstruction or blockage in one or both nostrils. This obstruction can lead to various nasal and breathing problems.
Here's an overview of septoplasty:
Diagnosis: Before septoplasty, a patient typically undergoes a thorough evaluation by an ear, nose, and throat (ENT) specialist or a rhinologist. This evaluation may include a physical examination, nasal endoscopy, and sometimes imaging studies like a CT scan to assess the extent and location of the septal deviation.
Surgical Procedure: Septoplasty is performed under local or general anesthesia, depending on the patient's and surgeon's preferences. During the procedure, the surgeon makes an incision inside the nostril to access the deviated septum.
Straightening the Septum: The surgeon carefully lifts the mucosal lining covering the septum and then reshapes or repositions the deviated septum, often by trimming, removing, or repositioning the cartilage and bone. The goal is to create a straighter, more symmetrical nasal septum that allows for improved airflow through the nasal passages.
Closing the Incision: After the necessary adjustments are made to the septum, the surgeon closes the incision with dissolvable sutures or other closure techniques. No external incisions or visible scars are typically associated with septoplasty since all the work is done inside the nostrils.
Septoplasty is primarily performed to address functional issues related to a deviated septum, including:
- Nasal obstruction: Correcting a deviated septum can alleviate difficulty breathing through the nose, reduce nasal congestion, and improve airflow.
- Snoring and Sleep Apnea: In some cases, septoplasty can help reduce snoring and improve sleep apnea symptoms by opening the airway.
- Chronic Sinusitis: A deviated septum can contribute to chronic sinusitis. Septoplasty may be part of the treatment plan for individuals with recurrent sinus infections.
It's important to note that septoplasty is a medical procedure aimed at improving nasal function, and its primary goal is not cosmetic. However, some individuals may choose to combine septoplasty with cosmetic rhinoplasty to address both functional and aesthetic concerns simultaneously. Septoplasty is considered a relatively safe and effective procedure when performed by a skilled and experienced ENT surgeon or rhinologist. Recovery times can vary, but most patients can return to their normal activities within a week or two following surgery.
Septorhinoplasty is a surgical procedure that combines two distinct nasal surgeries: septoplasty and rhinoplasty. This combined procedure is performed to address both functional and cosmetic issues of the nose. Here's a breakdown of what each component entails:
Septoplasty: This part of the procedure focuses on correcting a deviated septum, which is the thin wall of cartilage and bone that separates the two nasal passages. A deviated septum can lead to breathing difficulties, nasal congestion, and other functional problems. During septoplasty, the surgeon makes internal incisions inside the nostrils, repositions or removes the deviated portions of the septum, and straightens it to improve nasal airflow and function.
Rhinoplasty: Rhinoplasty, often referred to as a "nose job," is a cosmetic surgery that focuses on altering the size, shape, or appearance of the nose to enhance its aesthetics. This component of septorhinoplasty allows patients to address concerns related to the external appearance of the nose. It can involve reshaping the nasal tip, reducing or augmenting the nasal bridge, refining the nostrils, or addressing other cosmetic issues.
Septorhinoplasty is typically chosen by individuals who have both functional and aesthetic concerns about their nose. Common reasons for undergoing septorhinoplasty include:
- Correcting breathing problems caused by a deviated septum while simultaneously improving the appearance of the nose.
- Enhancing facial harmony by addressing cosmetic issues such as a hump on the bridge of the nose, a bulbous nasal tip, or asymmetry.
- Addressing trauma-related injuries to the nose that have resulted in both functional and cosmetic deformities.
- Combining septoplasty with rhinoplasty allows for a more comprehensive approach to nasal surgery, ensuring that both functional and aesthetic goals are achieved in a single procedure.
Septorhinoplasty is a complex surgical procedure that requires the expertise of a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon such as Dr. Frati. The specific techniques used and the surgical plan will vary depending on the individual's unique anatomy and goals. Recovery times and post-operative care will also depend on the extent of the surgery and the patient's overall health. Patients considering septorhinoplasty should have a thorough consultation with Dr. Frati to discuss their concerns, expectations, and the potential benefits and risks of the combined procedure.
Preservation rhinoplasty, also known as preservation or preservationist rhinoplasty, is an approach to nasal surgery that emphasizes maintaining and preserving the natural structures of the nose as much as possible while making subtle, conservative changes to improve its appearance. This technique stands in contrast to traditional or "reductive" rhinoplasty, where significant cartilage and bone removal may be involved to achieve the desired cosmetic changes.
Key features of preservation rhinoplasty include:
Minimal Tissue Removal: Preservation rhinoplasty involves minimal removal of cartilage and bone from the nose. Surgeons aim to retain as much of the patient's natural nasal anatomy as possible.
Respect for Nasal Function: This approach prioritises preserving nasal function and maintaining proper airflow through the nasal passages. Functional aspects of the nose, such as the nasal septum and other supporting structures, are carefully preserved.
Natural Results: Preservation rhinoplasty focuses on achieving results that look natural and harmonious with the patient's facial features. The goal is to create subtle and proportionate changes rather than dramatic alterations.
Reduced Risk of Complications: Since the procedure is less invasive and involves less tissue manipulation, there may be a reduced risk of complications, such as structural issues or breathing problems, that can occur in more extensive rhinoplasty procedures.
Shorter Recovery Time: Patients undergoing preservation rhinoplasty may experience a shorter recovery period compared to traditional rhinoplasty, as there may be less swelling and bruising.
Preservation rhinoplasty can be an attractive option for individuals who are primarily seeking subtle cosmetic enhancements to their nose without drastically altering their natural appearance or risking functional issues. It may also be suitable for those with concerns about the long-term structural integrity of their nose.
It's important to note that preservation rhinoplasty is not suitable for every patient or every desired outcome. The appropriateness of this approach depends on the patient's specific nasal anatomy, goals, and the expertise of the surgeon. Patients interested in preservation rhinoplasty should consult withDr. Frati to determine the most suitable approach for their individual needs and expectations.
Ultrasonic rhinoplasty is an advanced surgical technique that utilizes ultrasonic instruments, specifically ultrasonic bone-cutting devices, to perform precise and controlled bone reshaping during a rhinoplasty procedure. This technique has gained popularity in the field of cosmetic and reconstructive rhinoplasty because it offers several advantages over traditional methods of bone manipulation.
Here's how ultrasonic rhinoplasty works and its key features:
Ultrasonic Instruments: Ultrasonic rhinoplasty employs specialised ultrasonic instruments that emit high-frequency sound waves. These waves are used to cut, sculpt, and shape bone and cartilage in a controlled and precise manner.
Precise Bone Sculpting: Traditional rhinoplasty techniques often involve the use of chisels or osteotomes to reshape the nasal bones. Ultrasonic instruments allow for more accurate and fine-tuned bone sculpting, reducing the risk of fractures, irregularities, and complications.
Minimised Trauma: Ultrasonic rhinoplasty is considered less traumatic to the surrounding tissues compared to traditional methods. This can result in reduced post-operative swelling and bruising, potentially leading to a faster recovery and less discomfort for the patient.
Customised Results: Surgeons can achieve highly customised and precise results with ultrasonic rhinoplasty. The technique allows for intricate adjustments to the nasal bones, including dorsal hump reduction, narrowing of the nasal bridge, and other bone-related modifications.
Versatility: Ultrasonic rhinoplasty can be used in various types of rhinoplasty procedures, including primary (first-time) rhinoplasty, revision rhinoplasty, and ethnic rhinoplasty, to address a wide range of aesthetic and functional concerns.
Enhanced Safety: The precision of ultrasonic instruments minimises the risk of accidental damage to adjacent structures, such as the nasal septum or soft tissues, further enhancing the safety of the procedure.
Shorter Recovery: Some patients may experience a shorter recovery time with ultrasonic rhinoplasty due to reduced trauma to the tissues and less post-operative swelling.
It's important to note that ultrasonic rhinoplasty is a specialised technique that requires the surgeon to have specific training and experience with ultrasonic devices. Not all rhinoplasty surgeons may offer this option, so patients interested in ultrasonic rhinoplasty should seek out a consultation with Dr. Frati.
As with any surgical procedure, it's essential for patients to have a thorough consultation with Dr. Frati to discuss their goals, expectations, and the most suitable approach for their individual needs.
Ethnic rhinoplasty, also known as cultural or ethnic nose surgery, is a specialized branch of rhinoplasty that focuses on reshaping and enhancing the nose while taking into consideration the unique characteristics and aesthetic preferences of individuals from various ethnic backgrounds. The goal of ethnic rhinoplasty is to achieve a nose that is both harmonious with the individual's facial features and culturally appropriate.
Key features of ethnic rhinoplasty include:
Cultural Considerations: Ethnic rhinoplasty acknowledges that different ethnic groups have distinct nasal and facial characteristics. Surgeons work to preserve these ethnic features while addressing specific concerns or requests from the patient.
Customisation: Each ethnic group may have its own ideal of beauty and specific nasal traits that are considered desirable. Ethnic rhinoplasty aims to customise the procedure to achieve a result that aligns with the patient's cultural background and personal preferences.
Respect for Natural Beauty: Ethnic rhinoplasty does not seek to westernise or homogenise the appearance of the nose. Instead, it respects and enhances the patient's natural beauty while addressing any functional or aesthetic concerns.
Balancing Proportions: Surgeons performing ethnic rhinoplasty focus on achieving balance and harmony between the nose and other facial features. This often involves modifying the nasal bridge, tip, or nostrils to create a more proportional appearance.
Functional Improvements: In some cases, ethnic rhinoplasty may also involve addressing functional issues, such as a deviated septum or breathing difficulties, to improve the overall nasal function.
- Ethnic rhinoplasty is commonly sought by individuals who wish to refine or enhance the appearance of their nose while maintaining their cultural identity and unique features. Some examples of ethnic rhinoplasty goals for specific groups may include:
- African American Rhinoplasty: Addressing concerns related to a wide nasal base, a broad or flat nasal bridge, or nostril shape and size.
- Asian Rhinoplasty: Enhancing the nasal bridge, tip projection, or addressing issues related to a less defined nasal tip.
- Hispanic/Latino Rhinoplasty: Balancing proportions of the nasal bridge and tip while preserving natural ethnic features.
- Middle Eastern Rhinoplasty: Addressing concerns about nasal hump reduction, tip refinement, or nostril shape.
It's essential for individuals considering ethnic rhinoplasty to consult with Dr. Frati who has experience working with patients from diverse cultural backgrounds. A thorough consultation will help ensure that the surgical plan aligns with the patient's cultural preferences and aesthetic goals.
Closed Rhinoplasty London Benefits
Closed rhinoplasty in London offers several benefits for individuals seeking nasal surgery through this technique. Some of the advantages of closed rhinoplasty include:
- No External Scarring: Closed Rhinoplasty London involves incisions made entirely inside the nose, eliminating the risk of visible external scarring. This is a significant advantage for those who prefer discreet surgery.
- Faster Healing: The absence of external incisions often results in reduced post-operative swelling and bruising. As a result, the healing process is typically quicker compared to open rhinoplasty.
- Shorter Recovery: Many patients experience a shorter recovery period with closed rhinoplasty, allowing them to return to their daily routines sooner.
- Less Disruption to Nasal Structure: Closed Rhinoplasty London involves limited access to the nasal structures, making it suitable for individuals who wish to maintain the overall structure and integrity of their nose while making subtle adjustments.
- Ideal for Minor Changes: Closed Rhinoplasty London is well-suited for individuals seeking minor to moderate aesthetic changes, such as tip refinement, hump reduction, or addressing slight asymmetry.
- Privacy: The discreet nature of closed Rhinoplasty London appeals to those who prefer to keep their surgical procedure private, as there are no visible external signs of surgery.
- Reduced Risk of Nasal Tip Swelling: Closed Rhinoplasty London may be associated with less post-operative swelling in the nasal tip, which can benefit individuals concerned about this specific area.
- Balanced Outcomes: Closed Rhinoplasty London can result in natural-looking and balanced nasal outcomes, which often blend seamlessly with the patient’s facial features.
- Surgical Precision: Surgeons skilled in closed rhinoplasty can exercise a high degree of precision when making adjustments to the nasal structures.
It’s important to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Frati to determine if closed Rhinoplasty London aligns with your goals and your nasal anatomy. Your surgeon will evaluate your unique case and provide recommendations based on your desired outcomes and the complexity of your concerns.
Are there any Risks to Closed Rhinoplasty in London?
Like any surgical procedure, closed rhinoplasty in London carries certain risks and potential complications. It’s important to be aware of these risks and discuss them with your surgeon during the consultation. Some of the risks associated with a London closed rhinoplasty include:
- Infection: Infections can occur in the nasal area, though they are relatively rare. In most cases, infections can be treated with antibiotics.
- Hematoma: A collection of blood under the skin can lead to swelling and discomfort. In some cases, it may require drainage to alleviate the condition.
- Scarring: While closed Rhinoplasty London is known for minimal external scarring, there is still a risk of scarring within the nasal passages. Surgeons aim to minimise internal scarring, but it can affect the surgical outcome.
- Altered Sensation: Temporary changes in sensation in the nasal area, including numbness, may occur after closed rhinoplasty. These usually resolve over time but can persist in rare cases.
- Swelling and Bruising: Post-operative swelling and bruising are common and typically subside over time, but they can affect the appearance during the initial recovery phase.
- Asymmetry: There is a risk of developing nasal asymmetry or uneven results, which may necessitate further surgical correction.
- Unsatisfactory Aesthetic Outcomes: While surgeons aim for optimal results, individual responses to surgery can vary, and outcomes may not always meet expectations. Revision surgery may be required to address concerns.
- Functional Issues: Closed Rhinoplasty London may result in functional issues, such as breathing difficulties or changes in nasal airflow. These should be discussed with your surgeon during the consultation.
- Anesthesia Risks: General anesthesia carries inherent risks, including allergic reactions and breathing difficulties, which are typically managed by experienced anesthesiologists.
It’s important to choose a board-certified plastic surgeon in London who prioritises patient safety and has experience in closed Rhinoplasty London procedures. Discuss your individual risk factors, medical history, and lifestyle during the consultation to ensure that the procedure is appropriate for you and that appropriate measures are taken to minimise these risks.
Closed Rhinoplasty London Recovery
Recovery from closed rhinoplasty in London encompasses several stages, and while experiences may differ, here is a general overview of the expected recovery process:
Immediate Post-Operative Period (Days 1-7):
- Swelling and bruising around the nose and potentially the eyes are common, with the most pronounced swelling in the initial days.
- Mild discomfort or pain is typical, and your surgeon will provide prescribed pain medications or recommend over-the-counter pain relief as needed.
- Initial nasal congestion and mild bleeding may occur.
- Dressings and a possible splint over the nose are used to protect and support the surgical site.
- Keeping your head elevated is essential to reduce swelling, and strenuous activities should be avoided during this period.
- Swelling and bruising progressively improve, and most patients can resume light daily activities within a week.
- Typically, the nasal splint is removed within the first week.
- Continue to avoid strenuous exercise and activities that stress the nasal area.
- Some residual swelling may persist, but it continues to subside over the following weeks.
- Most individuals can return to work and daily routines at this stage.
- Light to moderate exercise can be resumed, but high-impact activities should still be avoided.
- Swelling continues to decrease, and the nose gradually settles into its final shape and appearance.
- Some sensitivity or numbness in the nasal area may persist but typically improves over time.
Long-Term Recovery (3-6 Months):
- Most patients can engage in normal, unrestricted activities, including more vigorous exercise by this stage.
- Scars continue to fade and become less noticeable, though they may take a year or more to fully mature.
It’s crucial to meticulously follow your surgeon’s post-operative instructions, attend scheduled follow-up appointments for monitoring, and communicate any concerns or issues during your recovery. While noticeable improvements should be expected in the first few weeks, the final results may take several months to fully manifest. The long-term outcome of closed rhinoplasty in London generally provides high satisfaction to patients seeking both aesthetic and functional enhancements